Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So! Schedule!

First off, we're heading North. Darjeeling maybe, Sikkim perhaps. They're both a good sight cooler than West Bengal which is where we are, so that'll be welcome. We're almost definitely heading into mountain-ranged Nepal, to Kathmandu, because as long as you're up here it's worth going. You need a visa, however, and they only take U.S. dollars, so that was a bit tricky. However it looks like things are looking up for us, as apparently Kolkata is actually the worst of the cities, and everything else will be nice by comparison. Four weeks it will be, with us going northwest as well, and then returning for the 23rd of November to Kolkata for my cousin Dola's wedding which promises to be a big happy affair.

After that, we're going all around, but staying in the north. Varanasi, New Delhi and Rajasthan are all on the schedule, with my dad joining us in New Delhi. Originally we were planning to go to Iran, but it seems he's only allowed to go once a year and the Persian new year starts in March. You can never plan for everything.

Kian's got his bass, and it's really nice. We've been printing out tons of tabs and I've even been learning a bit of guitar, although generally I sing. My fingers are itching for a piano, but for now I'll settle for my harmonica although you can't accompany yourself singing or anyone else for that matter.

Anyhow, this all just so you know where we'll be and perhaps why we don't have any Internet connection, although you never know where you can find an Internet cafe.

-Bashu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone's ever had a pet mosquito. And if they have, I wonder what they called it. I think that the next mosquito I find, I shall make it my pet, and it's name shall be Happiness. And when I lose it, it shan't be my pet anymore.

A wedding, eh? Never been to one of those. I've heard they're so much fun though. Can you stage a wedding sometime and invite me to it please?

Good to hear that everything's fine and dandy.
Much love!

-Tami.